New Zealand users who want to try the creations of the oldest software provider on the internet should check out Red Stag powered by WGS. This legendary provider comes with over 100 pokies that have stood the test of time and experienced the surge in popularity over the recent years. Massive progressive jackpots, state-of-the-art table games and classic pokies of exceptionally high quality are just a few things that NZ users get to face on signing up at Red Stag. The reviewed gambling site has an eye-catching design with red and black background and a large menu area at the left-hand side of the screen. The homepage is neat, uncluttered and contains just about 20 clickable game icons. At the very top of the page, there are automatically scrolling ads of active casino promotions. Menu items are self-explanatory, making navigation easy.
At the bottom right corner, there is a Live Support widget that opens a dialogue window when clicked. A small Recent Winners area highlights players who have won significant cash prizes and specifies the winning pokie titles – this information can be helpful to users who are at a loss which game to play. The online casino has an active blog that publishes articles about latest game products, interesting gambling facts, news on payment providers and other topics. Newbies will find there lots of instructive and interesting outlooks that would deepen their knowledge of pokies and other online casino aspects.
Red Stag mobile casino
The main page on the mobile casino is fairly small on the one hand and very informative on the other hand. It gives players instant access to many bonuses, game lobby, signup (login) pages and other functionalities. Those who want to discover fun on the run will find here around 200 mobile games including regular pokies, progressives, roulette, blackjack and Vivo live dealer tables. Convenience and flexibility are the bywords of the Red Stag mobile site as it enables every NZ user to take their favorite pokies with them wherever they go.
Banking options in Red Stag
To ensure their customers stay safe and secure, the online casino offers an array of internationally acknowledged banking methods for depositing funds such as Visa ($25), MasterCard ($25), Neosurf prepaid cards ($1), bitcoins ($25 in BTC equivalent), Skrill ($20), Neteller ($20), litecoins ($25 in LTC equivalent) and paysafecard ($1). Figures in brackets above denote the minimum deposited amount accepted by the casino. Max deposits also vary widely: from $1000 to $5000 per transaction.
Withdrawals can be effected with bitcoins, Skrill, Neteller, litecoins and cheques. The min amount that the player is entitled to request is $100 (on bitcoin transactions) and $150 for other methods specified above. As for the top acceptable limit, it also depends on the selected method ($1000 per transaction, $2000 per week, etc.) No information is available whether the casino meets halfway concerning limits. NZ players perform every transaction to/from the online casino without any associated fees.
Video pokies and table games in Red Stag
The casino lobby has three separate tabs for pokies based on their design. The Video Slots section contains normal, non-progressive pokies equipped with no less than 5 reels. In general, the casino lobby contains at least two useful features to help users make a more informed choice of games. Each pokie icon shows:
- The number of reels to that pokie and
- A volatility property in the form of a gauge. Looking at these gauges, a New Zealand player can grab an idea of the pokie volatility, e.g. the correlation of winning frequency to the size of each specific win. Sure, this property is kind of arbitrary, though it can be helpful. When launching any pokie, a player can add it to the List of Favorites by clicking a Star icon.
There are around 100 video pokies in the Red Stag collection. As a rule, WGS pokies have just a few features, which are a wild symbol, a scatter and free spins. In some cases, a pokie can be further fitted with one or two bonus rounds other than free spins. Let’s give a short review to some of their most popular games, which can also be found in Red Stag:
- Dragon Spin – a 5-reel 30-line pokie with numerous features such as Mystery Stacked Wilds, Dragon Spin bonus, Raining Wilds, Persisting Wilds and many more features. Bets vary between $0.30 and $120
- King of Pop – paying homage to Michael Jackson, this stunning and visually appealing video pokie has over five bonus features including a wheel of fortune with fantastic cash loot. High-quality detailed graphics makes it an excellent option for all five-reel pokie fans
- Jackpot Party – a 5-reel 30-line pokie with a wild and 3 bonus features. Bet sizes vary between 30 cents and $60 per spin
- The Wizard of Oz – a feature-loaded game with familiar book and film characters of Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion, Tin Man, Dorothy and others. Bonuses intertwine inside the game and look like a twisted yellow brick road that ultimately ends in the Emerald City. This is one of the most complex and intensive pokies from the reviewed provider.
WMS pokies offered to NZ users tend to have very fine coin value settings. Clicking on an arrow to increase or decrease a coin size, a player will see their values change in one-cent increments only, instead of 5, 10, 25 and other fixed denominations typical of many other pokies. Overall, the collection of five-reelers is not big yet it is fairly lucrative with regard to bonus features. While graphics seem to be a downside to WMS pokies (they just seem to ignore artworks altogether, except for some rare cases), the whole collection makes a favorable impression on both novices and pokie savvy players of New Zealand.
The Table Games section hosts some 14 titles such as European roulette, American roulette, classic blackjack, Red Dog, Vegas Single-Deck blackjack and Vegas Strip. All except for progressives are playable in demo mode and for real money.
Classic pokies in Red Stag
Pokies with three reels are desirable entertainment for New Zealand users who prefer simplicity and old look over visual tricks and new-fashioned bonus features. The space on which an entire game evolves is limited to one screen. As the gaming process is very linear and simple, there is much room for everything on just a single page. It so happened that almost all classic pokies in the Red Stag collection have 1 payline and very few features each. Top titles, which enjoy popularity with NZ users, are Goblin’s Gold, Mega Money Mine, Triple 10x Wild and Liberty 7s.
Progressive games in Red Stag
WGS have launched to the market 13 games with a progressive jackpot, five of which are linked to classic pokies. A common thing about them is a fixed three-coin bet required on all progressives. Since coin denominations differ, a player can pick a game to their budget. The most frequently won jackpots are offered in 7x Lucky Sevens (hit every 2 weeks), Ultimate x10 (the same), 3x Wild Cherry (every 9 weeks) and Mine All Mine (three progressives awarded at random). There are also a few WGS games in which a jackpot has never been hit since the game release, for example, a Treasure Trail three-reeler. In addition to pokies, BJ aficionados will find here a progressive blackjack (never won in history).
Promotions and bonuses
Many veteran gamblers know Red Stag as a powerful bonus hub as there are very few online casinos out there with so many bonuses. To begin with, there is a huge welcome package that is effective on the first seven deposits placed to the casino, up to $2500 in total. Every bonus is complemented with 25 to 150 free spins. All bonuses become valid on depositing $25+ and are subject to a x30 playthrough.
Other bonuses for regulars:
- Daily bitcoin deposits. A user has the right to claim up to three bitcoin deposits per day by entering a related coupon code
- Daily and weekly Neosurf bonuses
- 25% Cashback
- On the first and third Monday of every month, a player receives free chips
- Other reload bonuses, unique for each day of the week.