Platinum Play Casino Review
Click here to check casinos accepting players from United States.
Pokies from Microgaming are well-versed as highly entertaining and generous games which always have something in their sleeves like a unique bonus feature or a fixed jackpot of x10,000 a bet. Platinum Play is one of a few gambling sites to offer a comprehensive library of that high-profile provider. Myriads of pokies of all genres and layouts, a plethora of promotions, a gorgeous welcome pack that covers the first three deposits and other engrossing activities are waiting for New Zealand users. All it takes to start the most amazing gaming experience is to complete fast, safe and easy signup procedures that take a few minutes.
The online casino practices two game modes. First, a player is invited to download a Microgaming’s proprietary casino app that should be installed on a computer. An alternative option is to have a normal browser play with no app installation needed. As a long-established company, Microgaming have honed the app to perfection so it is absolutely free of any technical issues. Reliability and game fairness are the undisputable facts that are peculiar to the reviewed online casino. And this is certified by regular audits carried out by reputable eCOGRA testing company. To see details on RNG tests and other security related routine a player should click on the relevant link at the site footer area. The casino also offers a sandbox fun mode but this is also available for registered gamblers only.
Deposits and withdrawals in Platinum Play
NZ users have many easy and efficient ways to inject money to their casino accounts. These are Visa and MasterCard debit cards, iDebit, Skrill web wallet, Trustly, Neteller and Interac. All deposits have no fees to be applied by the online casino. To use any of the mentioned cost-effective methods, a player should sign up first, visit the Bank page and pick a preferred payment option. Limits differ across the methods.
Getting money from the casino is easy. Players are advised to use any of the following methods: Visa, Skrill, ecoPayz, cheques, Bank Wire Swift, Neteller and bank transfer. Note that bitcoins are not accepted by the casino. A withdrawal request enters a pending period of 24 hours and the casino can also ask a new player for some personal documents to verify identity. There are two max limits on withdrawal:
- $10,000 daily limit for all players, except for cases specified in p. 2 below
- $4000 weekly limit for players who request to cash out five times as much as they have deposited into the casino for the entire period since registration.
Platinum Play mobile casino
Android and iOS smartphones can be used to visit Platinum Play in any web browser with no special application needed. All casino aspects are made easy and comfortable including banking matters, playing and betting in pokies, using bonus coupons and signing up. Mobile pages are neither big nor messy. A casino user can easily navigate across the mobile site to find any piece of information needed. There are presently about 400 HTML5 pokies available in Platinum Play.
Video pokies in Platinum Play
There are about 500 pokies from Microgaming in the online casino. Since the game provider has been on the market for about 20 years, their pokies are of different quality, from mediocre to top-notch solutions in all respects. The most typical properties of Microgaming pokies are the following:
- Wide use of playing card icons (10, J, Q…) that normally act as low-valued symbols
- Wild symbols in almost every game. As a rule, a wild symbol comes with no multipliers but in some cases, it bears a multiplier of x2, x3 or greater
- Visual design in Microgaming pokies is average or above average by today’s standards, as compared to perfect visuals from NetEnt
- Many five-reel pokies have a Gamble feature that can be triggered by clicking a Gamble button after a spin that has resulted in a cash win. The feature usually takes the form of a card game in which a player is asked to guess correctly the color of a facedown card (red or black)
- Pokies have a moderate number of paylines (normally up to 20). However, some pokies are built on a no-payline concept (243 ways to win).
The properties listed above relate to most pokies from the provider in question. Their most recent releases (the ones launched for the last few years) are becoming more creative and innovative with each new game. Many players love Microgaming pokies that are jam packed with bonus features. Here are some good examples of feature-packed pokies:
- A Dark Matter: a 5-reel 5-line pokie with a detective and mystery theme. It has wilds, Stacked Wilds, Invading Wilds (provider’s patented feature), scatters and free spins. The max potential win is $120,000
- Robin of Sherwood: a 5-reel 243-ways pokie with wilds, Wild Turning feature that morphs low-valued symbols into wilds; free spins; Royal Clearing feature that eliminates low-valued symbols during free spins; and a unique Gamble game based on arrow hits/misses
- 108 Heroes Multiplier Fortunes: a unique 3-reel 9-line game with numerous features, like four wild multipliers (x2 to x5) and huge fixed jackpots
- Jurassic World: a film-inspired 5-reel pokie with stacked wilds (up to 10 wilds in a column), scatters that turns into wilds, free spins, Multiplier Trail, Rolling Reels and Wild Scatters.
There are also some pokies based on favorite films – these normally have many features and thematic symbols that recreate the atmosphere and plot elements of the film. Pokies available in Platinum Play are ideal for low rollers since the minimum bet is 1 cent/line in almost every game.
Progressive jackpots in Platinum Play
The online casino presents the full collection of Microgaming progressive pokies including Mega Moolah, Major Millions and King Cashalot. All of them require registration before playing and real-money bets only.
In addition to pokies, there is European Roulette Royale with a progressive jackpot that is awarded if five of the same numbers appear on the wheel in a row. There are also payouts for two, three and four identical numbers landed at a stretch. Triple Sevens Blackjack is another progressive non-pokie game in which a player hits a progressive for getting four sevens of diamonds in the hand.
Table games and live casino
Blackjack is present in 10+ variants including Hi Lo 13 European Blackjack, Multi-Hand Vegas Downtown, Multi-Han Bonus Blackjack and Atlantic City Blackjack. The collection is so big that everyone will locate a favorite game based on house edge expectations, rules and other factors.
Microgaming roulette in Platinum Play comes in 10 tables that are actually based on three well-known layouts: European, American and French. While most of them have usual rules, there are two games that stand out; these are Multi Wheel Roulette (released in 2011) and Multi Player Roulette (2012).
For those NZ users who prefer an authentic Vegas-style casino experience, there are dozens of Evolution live tables that have every type of game covered, from European roulette to live baccarat. Some games, like Immersive Roulette, have received prestigious gambling awards.
Bonus program in Platinum Play
For new users, there is a welcome package that consists of a 100% first deposit bonus up to $400, a 100% second deposit bonus up to $200 and a 100% third deposit bonus up to $200, each unlocked on placing $10+ to the account. The WR is x50 for each bonus in the pack.
There are also ongoing weekly and monthly promotions that are granted to players depending on their VIP level at the online casino. Ultimately, a player can be invited to the VIP Club for tailored promotions and special treatment, including increased withdrawal limits. The site runs regular raffles in which winners are awarded tickets aboard a posh cruise ship.